Effective date: April 08, 2022
Collection of personal information
Information you provide: We may obtain information that you provide directly to us on the Site (e.g., when you request to schedule a free portfolio evaluation or find an advisor, submit a form to contact us, or sign up to receive more information about our services). This information may include personal information, which is information that can be used to identify you individually, such as your name, email address, telephone number, state of residence, and information about your investment portfolio.
Information collected automatically: We may collect certain information including IP addresses, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, and pages viewed automatically using various tools and technologies such as cookies and web server logs.
A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as an anonymous tag that identifies your computer but not you. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you may be able to set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, or to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site or other websites and disabling cookies may invalidate opt outs that rely on cookies to function.
We may combine certain automatically-collected information with other information we obtain about you, which may include data we obtain from third parties.
Please note that we or third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different devices and online properties when you use the Sites.
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, the Site are not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Use of personal information
We may use personal information we collect through the Site for:
- Facilitating and personalizing your user experience;
- Responding to your requests;
- Processing your transactions;
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities of visitors and users of the Sites;
- Improving the Site and our services;
- Communicating or marketing to you;
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process as well as industry standards and our company policies;
- Preventing, investigating, identifying, or taking any other action with regard to any suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity or any activity that violates our policies; or
- Any other purpose, with your consent.
Sharing of personal information
Additionally, Wealthion may disclose personal information when required by subpoena, search warrant, or other legal processes, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of Wealthion’s rules for use of the Sites, or to protect and defend the rights or property of Wealthion.
Analytics and advertising
We may use certain web analytics services, including Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We’ve implemented Google Analytics Advertising Features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics and interests reporting, user segment analysis, and impression reporting. For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You may also be able to opt out of Google Analytics by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may be able to opt out of certain interest-based advertising using the settings on your browser or mobile device. In addition, the following services or organizations offer tools that you can use to limit or opt out of interest-based advertising:
- Google: To opt out of Google’s network of interest-based advertising, visit adssettings.google.com.
- Criteo: To learn about how Criteo may use your personal information and how to opt out of their services, visit criteo.com/privacy.
- Facebook: You may opt out of Facebook Custom Audiences by logging into your Facebook account and changing your privacy or advertising settings as per Facebook’s opt-out instructions.
- LinkedIn: To learn how you can control how LinkedIn uses your information in connection with interest-based advertising, visit linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences?lang=en.
- Twitter: To learn how you can control how Twitter uses your information in connection with interest-based advertising, visit business.twitter.com/en/help/troubleshooting/how-twitter-ads-work.html.
- Industry organizations: To opt out of interest-based advertising from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative opt-out programs, please visit youradchoices.com/control and optout.networkadvertising.org.
Your opt-out choice may apply only to the browser or device you are using when you opt out, so you should opt out on each of your browsers and devices if you want to disable interest-based advertising for those browsers and devices. If you opt out, you will still receive ads, but they may not be as relevant to you and your interests. Please note that we do not control how third parties manage their opt-out processes.
Certain features of the Site may permit you to initiate interactions between the Site and other platforms like social networks (for example, to share the Site with your friends). Using these features may allow both Wealthion and the operator of the other platform to access certain information about your use of our Site and theirs, including personal information. You should review the terms, policies, and settings of these other platforms to learn more about their data practices and/or adjust your settings.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Sites.
Information for users in California
Information for users outside the United States